Last week I bought blueberries that weren’t quite to my liking, so in the freezer they went. Luckily, as soon as I put them there I knew what I was going to do with them.
The next day I pulled out everything I had in my cupboard and came up with this easy, one bowl recipe. Even those these muffins are made with simple ingredients you most likely have at home already, they bake up and taste just like the ones you’d find at your favorite bakery.
- 2 cups Unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup Soy milk or plant milk of choice
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your muffin pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add in soy milk, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until few lumps remain. Do not over mix!
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Scoop batter evenly into your muffin pan.
6. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over each muffin.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool before removing from pan. Enjoy!
Also by Nea: Vegan Swedish Chocolate Carmamom Rolls
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Nothing aholic via Unsplash