This is a great way to use up a bunch of wild berries. I added chocolate chips to this recipe to make a more decadent bread but you could substitute these for nuts if you want a slightly healthier version. This tastes great toasted a bit to slightly melt the chocolate.
Vegan Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- 10 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp ground flax
- 1 pint (about 2 1/2 cups) black raspberries
- 1 1/2 cane sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare your flax egg by combining the water and ground flax and set aside.
3. Add the black raspberries and 1/2 cup of the sugar to a bowl and mash together. Set aside.
4. Stir the rest of the sugar, oil, applesauce, and mashed berries into the flax egg.
5. Add the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt until combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Pour into a greased 9×5 loaf pan. Top with oats.
8. Bake for 1 hour, remove from oven, and let cook on a wire rack.
Also by Lauren: Black Raspberry Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote