I decided to use my black beans and mango as a filling for tacos, so naturally I added an avocado as well. With the addition of the creamy avocado and lime juice, the tacos don’t need any sauce. If you don’t have any tortillas or taco shells, you can serve the filling over some rice or a salad. Feel free to add vegan sour cream, cheese, or whatever other toppings you enjoy.
Cuban-Inspired Vegan Black Bean Mango Tacos
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8–10 tortillas
1. In a large bowl, toss together the mango, black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, green onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro.
2. Add the spices and lime juice and mix well to coat.
3. Stir in the avocado and set aside.
4. Over a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Heat the tortillas for a minute on each side and remove from heat.
5. Fill tortillas with filling and serve.
Also by Lauren: Vegan French Onion Mushroom Pasta
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote