You know that eating healthy requires effort and meal prep. You should also know that you are worth the effort and eating healthy is a gift of love you give yourself every day!
Mason jar salads come in handy. With this, you'll have a healthy, delicious lunch ready to go.
For this recipe, we're keeping ingredients light and fresh. Tons of raw veggies, cooked quinoa, and an amazingly creamy peanut butter dressing.
Give it a try! You can also add beans, chickpeas, tofu, lentils, sunflower seeds, etc. Add whatever plant ingredient you have at home to make this recipe your own!
Rainbow Nutty Quinoa Salad In A Jar With Creamy Vegan Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup Plant Based Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut aminos
- 2 Garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Red pimento, chopped
- 2 Orange pimento, chopped
- 2 Red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Rucola (aka arugula)
- 1 cup Carrots, spiralized
For the Dressing:
1.Place the plant-based yogurt, peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic and lime juice in a small food processor.
2.Process until smooth.
3. If the salad dressing is too thick, add a bit more rice vinegar. If the salad dressing is too thin, add a bit more plant based yogurt.
4. Set aside for later.
For the Salad:
1. To assemble your salad, layer your mason jar with about 3 tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
2 Then, add 1/4 each of spiralized carrots, red pimento, orange pimento and red onion. Add 1/4 of the cooked quinoa. Top with cherry tomatoes and rucola. Repeat with four different mason jars.
3. Place mason jars in the refrigerator. Once ready to eat, shake well and enjoy ideally out in the sun!
Also by Roberta: Vegan Maltese Baked Rice
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Roberta Farrugia