- Granola Cup
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- Chia Pudding
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp agave
- 1/2 tsp (or 1 tsp depending on coffee preference) instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Chocolate Shell (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Prepare the granola cups. Mix together oats, peanut butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, salt, and almond flour. Use your hands to knead to help melt the coconut oil into the dough.
2. Line a muffin tin (Note: dough is sticky so it’s very important to line the tin, otherwise you won’t be able to get your granola cups out).
3. Roll into 6 small dough balls and push each ball into the muffin tin, using your fingers to press the dough up around the sides.
4. Place muffin tin in freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the chia pudding: Mix almond milk, agave, salt, instant coffee in a bowl. Once ingredients are well combined, add chia seeds. (Note: Start with 1/2 tsp of instant coffee and then taste before adding the chia. This recipe depends on coffee strength preference, so add more or less instant coffee to suit your needs).
6. Place chia in refrigerator, stirring after 10 minutes to avoid any clumps.
7. Leave chia in the freezer for 1–2 hrs or overnight.
Optional: Add vegan chocolate chips and coconut oil into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring occasionally so the ingredients combine.
Assemble: Ladle the chia pudding into the granola cups and pour over a spoonful of chocolate shell to cover. If chocolate shell is added, freeze for an additional 10 minutes to set.
Also by Dana: Vegan Butternut Gnocchi with Chimichurri
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick