Most vegetables will work, so long as they are reasonably crunchy and can hold their shape e.g. carrots, courgettes, cauliflower, broccoli. Use a frying pan to whip these up in just 25 minutes. Small fritters make a great appetizer while larger fritters are the star of the meal.
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Red cabbage
- 1/2 cup Sweet potato
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 1 can Beans
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Garlic salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper (or to taste)
- 4-6 tbsp Olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
1. Soak the chai seeds in 5 tbsp water. It will thicken and develop a jelly-like consistency to help bind the fritters—you won’t be able to taste them or feel the texture of chia seeds at all.
2. Combine 1 cup brown rice flour and ½ cup almond flour in a large bowl.
3. Cut the red cabbage, sweet potato and carrots into thin matchsticks or use a mandolin.
4. Mash the beans. Add the chia seeds and non-dairy milk to this.
5. Make a well in the flour and add the bean mixture.
6. Fold in the vegetables.
7. Add garlic salt and black pepper.
8. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
9. Place all fritters on a paper towel to drain and absorb the oil. These fritters are best enjoyed immediately after cooking. Hope you enjoy making this!
Also by Debbie: Easy and Flavorful Slow Cooker Rice & Beans
Photo: Deborah Tan