This soup is also perfect to boost your immune system with the garlic, spinach, yogurt, chili flakes, basil and extra added fresh lemon juice. The veggies are full of minerals and vitamins that also help you to support during these harder times, and keep you healthy.
GF Vegan Green Gazpacho With Avocado & Peas
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 100 ml soy yogurt
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup sweet green pea
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 small sweet white onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1/2 ts chili flakes
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1. Chop the avocado, onion, garlic and cucumber into chunks and add to the blender along with the peas, spinach, soy yogurt, herbs, chili flakes and water. Process the mixture until smooth. Then taste and adjust seasoning and acidity with lemon juice.
2. Pass soup through a sieve, pressing with the back of a spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids.
3. Refrigerate the soup for 2 or 3 hours to allow all the flavors to mingle.
4. To serve, pour the chilled soup into small cups and set on a tray filled with ice, garnish with cucumber or tomato chunks.
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Savory Spinach Asparagus Pie
Zucchineese (Whole Plant Vegan Cheese Made Of Zucchini)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth