Anti-Inflammatory Cold Beet Cream Soup With Apple & Ginger (Vegan, GF)
- 7 medium sized beets, diced
- 1 large apple, diced & peeled
- 3 tbsp soy yogurt
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 L water
- 1 knob of ginger (thumb-sized), peeled, diced
1. Peel and dice the apples, ginger and the beets (watch out because it can color everything), and place them in a medium pot, add just enough water that covers them and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, take the heat back to minimum and let it simmer until beets are tender.
2. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Once the beets are cooked, place the medium pot in a larger pot that is filled with cold water, so the soup can cool down. Once it cooled to room temperature, add the soy yogurt and using a hand blender, make a smooth creamy soup. Place the soup in the fridge until it cools perfectly. Serve cold.
4. If you’d like it a little more crunchy, you can take out few slices if beets before you blend it, cut the slices into tiny pieces and put back in the soup after blending.
Also by Imola: Italian Style Vegan Lentil Stew With Spinach
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth