This salsa is not only refreshing, but it is filling as well. It is said that one bulb of jackfruit can keep a person full for up to 12 hours. Jackfruit also helps regulate blood sugar and is beneficial for people with diabetes. Jackfruit is also high in vitamins A and C, riboflavin, magnesium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
When making this recipe, it is important to use ripe, yellow jackfruit so it is soft and sweet. You can also save the seeds from the jackfruit bulbs and roast them like nuts. This salsa can be served with some tortilla chips, in tacos and burritos, or over some plant-based chicken.
Filling & Detoxifying Raw Jackfruit Salsa (For Tacos, Bowls, Salad & More)
- 2 cups jackfruit, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup shredded, fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Remove jackfruit bulbs from the rind and remove the seeds. Dice jackfruit and add to a large bowl.
2. Stir in the peppers, onions, scallions, garlic, and olive oil, and mix.
3. Squeeze in the juice from one lime.
4. Shred cilantro and stir in. Add salt and pepper to taste.