This salad is light and refreshing and will be sure to brighten your mood as you put it together. It’s also packed with vitamin C to help fight off any end of the season stomach bugs. If you want to make this salad more substantial, you can serve it over whatever bed of greens you choose, and you can add quinoa or chickpeas on top. You can also double or triple this recipe to bring to a brunch or baby shower as a healthy and vibrant side dish.
Citrus Salad With Almond & Vegan Feta
- 1 grapefruit, peeled & sliced
- 1 caracara orange, peeled & sliced
- 1 blood orange, peeled & sliced
- 1 seville orange, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 tbsp pickled daikon radish
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp vegan feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Peel and slice citrus crosswise and arrange on a plate.
2. Top with daikon, cilantro, feta, and almonds.
3. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, lime, salt, and pepper and drizzle over the salad. Serve.
Also by Lauren: Braided Bread With Vegetables
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote