Harissa Noodles With Pan-fried Tempeh & Eggplant
- 2 cups cashew
- 1.5 tbls tahini
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 4 tbls GF soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 2 tsp harissa
- 2 tsp mango powder (optional)
- 1 tbls lime juice
- Eggplant & Tempeh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbls oil
- 2 - 3 portions cooked buckwheat noodles
1. Soak cashew for about 8 hours, rinse well before use.
2. Process cashew with the rest of the sauce ingredients until smooth—or not so smooth is you want different textures.
3. Season sliced tempeh and eggplant with seasoning spices then pan-fry until charred. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the cooked noodles and combine with as much sauce as you like.
5. In a serving bowl, spoon a few spoons of sauce onto the base then add your cooked buckwheat noodles that you already combined with sauce.
6. Top with cooked tempeh and eggplant.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro, spring onion and red chili.
Also by Prish: Rose & Pitaya Handmade Raw Chocolate
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo & video: Prashantha Lachanna