- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2. Bring to a simmer and cook--stirring often--for about eight minutes until the blueberries begin to burst. If you would like a thicker sauce, feel free to cook for an additional three minutes or so.
3. Remove from the heat and mash the blueberries a couple of times to create a thicker sauce. Stir in the lemon juice.
4. Serve warm, room temperature, or even cold.
5. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep for 7-10 days.
Also by Olivia: Authentic Spanish 5-Ingredient Sangria Pitcher
Related: Vegan Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Olivia Parr