This recipe was originally published on Sustaining.Life, a trusted resource for all things sustainable living.
This hearty vegan soup is the perfect weekend culinary project. The combination of fresh vegetables will make your kitchen smell oh-so-heavenly. Plus, this wholesome soup will help keep you grounded and warm while it’s still chilly outside!
Heavenly Golden Vegetable Soup
1. Coat the bottom of a wide, deep pot with olive oil. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper then stir until the potatoes are coated in oil. Cook on medium heat with the lid on, stirring once every few minutes to unstick potatoes from the bottom of the pot.
2. After about 5 minutes, add onions and garlic. Stir.
3. When you can chop a potato chunk in half with the edge of a wooden spoon, add carrots, celery, turmeric, curry powder, and more salt and pepper. Stir.
4. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until all the veggies are fairly soft. Add broth, water, soy sauce/liquid aminos, and miso paste.
5. Bring everything up to a boil, then stir and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 10 minutes and up to an hour–the longer the simmer the deeper the flavor, but it’s already going to be pretty damn good.
6. Serve with parsley, a spritz of lime, and a splash of hot sauce.
*If you want to really bulk up this soup, you can add pre-cooked lentils and rice when you turn everything down to a simmer. Perfect for a snow day!
Also by Faye: Vegan French Recipes: Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
Related: Nourishing Detox Soup
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Faye Lessler