Actress Gal Gadot proves that a woman’s strength can save the world in the latest Wonder Woman movie. Gadot was formerly a model and crowned Miss Israel. What some may not know about her is that she served in the military for two years, which she says helped prepare her for the training she went through for the movie. She gained the mental and physical discipline necessary to embody the role of such an iconic superhero. Boxing, martial arts, and Pilates were all part of Gadot’s training, but to build the muscle mass she needed, she hit the gym with trainer Mark Twight and practiced this Wonder Woman workout. She trained three days a week at the gym for four months. To get Wonder Woman strength like Gadot, do this Wonder Woman workout routine with 1-2 minutes rest in between each set.
1. Rowing Machine: (5 minutes) If you don’t have access to a rowing machine, do any form of cardio instead like running, biking, or jump rope. Gadot used the row machine because it was low impact and minimized her risk of injury.
2. Bear Crawl: (30 reps) Strengthens your core, shoulders, arms, and glutes. Get on all fours with your shoulders directly over your hands and your hips directly over your knees. Pull your abs in and keep a neutral spine as you lift your knees off the ground without lifting your hips. Keeping your knees off the ground, move one leg and the opposite arm to crawl forward, alternating each time. Each side is half a rep. You may move forward and backward until you reach 30 reps total.
3. Burpee with Broad Jump: (30 reps) Strengthens the entire body, especially the quads with the broad jump. Squat down and place your hands on the floor. Kick your legs back and drop down into a pushup. Jump your feet back towards your hands and as you straighten back up, immediately go into your broad jump. With both feet in parallel, jump as far forward as you can. Repeat.
4. Crab Walk: (30 reps) Strengthens your arms, hamstrings, and quads. Sit on the ground with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind you, shoulder-width apart and your fingers pointed away from your body. Keep your arms straight as you lift your hips into the air level with your torso. Start walking right hand and right foot forward and then left hand and left foot forward. You can move forward and backward in this position.
5. Burpee with Broad Jump: Repeat this move for 30 reps before moving on to the next.
6. Pull-up: (7 sets of 3 reps) Strengthens your back and arms. You will need a pull-up bar for this exercise. Keeping the body straight, pull yourself up over the bar as high as you can. These are challenging, so keep practicing, even if your elbows only bend slightly at first.
7. Ring Pushup:(5 sets of 3 reps) Strengthens chest, shoulders, and arms. If you do not have access to rings, regular pushups on the floor can be done instead.
This full body sculpting Wonder Woman workout will surely get you into superheroine shape!
Related: 7 Fun, Crunches-free Core Exercises
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Video: Crystal Chin; Music: “Wonder Woman” by Lion Babe