- Gluten-free baguette or bread
- 2 cans (400-500g) cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- to taste salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- to taste fresh basil and thyme
- vegan butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice up the baguettes or bread and butter them with vegan butter or margarine. Place them in the oven for about 5 minutes until they turn golden brown.
2. Meanwhile prepare the puree by transferring cannellini beans, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and herbs in a blender and making a smooth and even cream. Adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Once the bread is done in the oven, top them with the cannellini puree and some fresh or dried chives. You can add a little olive oil or lemon juice on top as well.
Also by Imola: Hungarian Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth