GF Vegan Mushroom Tetrazzini With Peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g mushroom, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1,5 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 2 -1/2 cup veggie broth
- 200 g spaghetti noodles broken into half
- 1/4 cup vegan cream (coconut or another non-dairy option)
- 1 tsp dried basil or Italian mixed herbs
- to taste black pepper and salt
- 100 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 150 g soy curls/balls
1. Heat up the oil in a large pan, add mushrooms, garlic, a good pinch of salt and cook for 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Deglaze with 2 tbs white wine and continue to cook for another min. Remove the mushrooms from pan.
3. Melt vegan butter in the pan over low heat, then add flour. Whisk it well and cook for a minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add veggie broth to the mix with herbs and salt, and combine well and bring to a boil.
5. Add broken spaghetti to the mix. Add a little water on top on the noodles if needed to ensure enough covering liquid. Occasionally stir it so the pasta won’t stick together.
6. When the pasta starts to soften, but is not fully cooked, add frozen peas and soy curls to the mix and cook for a few more minutes.
7. Add vegan cream to the noodles and mix well. Bring to just about a simmer. Mix in the mushrooms. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.
8. You can garnish it with fresh parsley, pepper flakes or vegan parmesan.
Photo: Imola Toth