Every afternoon, without fail, I start craving chocolate.
I don’t need much. Usually, a few chocolate chips will satisfy the craving. However, they don’t do much for my energy. Shortly after I indulge in my craving, I’m just as tired as I was before. Not to mention guilty for shoving a handful of chocolate chips in my mouth.
The solution? These Energizing Double Chocolate Chip Vegan Truffles. In response to my daily cycle of frustration, I developed a recipe for a sweet treat that will help me stay awake all afternoon. These little balls taste just like brownies and are chockfull of healthy dates, nuts, and seeds. The fiber and natural sugars don’t just give me an energy boost—they fill me up, too!
Only requiring ten minutes to assemble, these yummy vegan truffles will help you conquer the afternoon slump.
Energizing Double Chocolate Chip Vegan Truffles
- 15 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- optional for rolling: cocoa powder
1. Soak the dates in warm water for about ten minutes.
2. Drain the dates and place into a food processor along with the walnuts, sunflower seeds, and cocoa powder.
3. Process until a thick paste-like mixture has formed.
4. Dump the chocolate mix into a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips.
5. Stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Scoop the truffles with a spoon and roll into balls. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes, but one hour is preferred.
8. Roll the truffles in cocoa powder and serve.
9. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Also by Olivia: 4-Ingredient Vegan Bluberry Compote
Related: Vegan Lemon Lavender Energy Bites
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Olivia Parr