Vegan Sesame Ginger Stir Fried Noodles With Vegetables
- 150g pack spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking vinegar, mirin or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 1/2 cm piece ginger
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/4 cup green beans
1. Prepare spaghetti by boiling as per instructions on your package. I usually boil to al dente which takes about 8-10 minutes.
2. While the spaghetti is boiling, heat the olive oil in a pan or wok. You want the pan to be hot to achieve ‘wok hei’ – this is important because this is the charred aroma that gives chinese stir fried noodles its distinctive taste.
3. Slice the onion and ginger thinly. Add to the pan and stir.
4. While the onion and ginger are sizzling away, chop up the mushrooms, red cabbage and beans. This is just what I had on hand, you can use whatever you have in the fridge.
5. Add the vegetables and stir fry on high for 2 minutes.
6. Drain and add the noodles. Stir constantly for 2-3 more minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown (not black – you want the noodles to have crispy bits, not to burn your food 😊 )
6. Combine the sesame oil and vinegar. Stir through the noodles. It’s ready to serve! 😊
Also by Debbie: Malaysian Sweet Soy Sauce Noodles
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Deborah Tan