The “tuna” made from garbanzo beans and capers has fooled our fish-eating friends into thinking it was the real deal. This recipe serves three generous sandwiches and don’t worry about how long it will keep in the fridge because it will disappear the day you make it!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained thoroughly
- 1 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices whole grain vegan bread
Also by Sandra and Susan: All-Natural Spinach Artichoke Dip
Related: Eggplant Banh Mi Sandwich
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Sandra and Susan Sellani