- 1/4 cup dried hibiscus leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- squeeze orange juice
2. Add the hibiscus leaves, cloves, anise, and cinnamon stick to a strainer that fits your pitcher or place them inside a cheesecloth.
3. Pour the boiling water over the mix and let steep for about 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the grated ginger and sugar.
5. Add the lime juice and the squeeze of orange.
6. Let cool and refrigerate.
7. Serve with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
Also by Lauren: Ginger Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
Related: Refreshing Cucumber Mule
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote