Vegan Broccoli Slaw with Shallots and Raisins
- 1 large head broccoli (or 2 small ones)
- 2 carrots
- 2 shallots (or spring onions)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2-3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- to taste salt
1. Thinly chop the top of broccoli head
2. I also like to peel the tough skin of the broccoli stalks, chop it finely and add it to this slow. If you prefer – you can skip this step and add the stalks to your juice.
3. Put the raisins in a cup or bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Let the raisins sit in the hot water for few minutes. This allows them to plump up and become soft and delicious.
4. Peel and grate carrots
5. Peel and finely chop shallots (spring onions)
6. Mix all dressing ingredients together with a pinch of salt, taste and adjust seasoning
7. Add the dressing to all the other ingredients, mix together and again – adjust seasoning to suit your taste buds
8. I like to leave it for few hours in the fridge before serving so all the flavours can mingle together.
Have fun and be healthy,