Give your banana bread a dose of summer with the flavors of rhubarb and strawberries! This banana bread is a one-bowl recipe that’s refined sugar-free and packed with oatmeal for a great start to your day with a fresh cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy all that extra sunlight these days and happy summer!
Vegan Rhubarb Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Bread
- 2 Flax Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Chopped Rhubarb
- 1 cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Prepare a loaf pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the flax eggs by adding 2 tablespoons ground flax seed with 4 tablespoons of water in a large bowl and allow to thicken for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the ripe bananas, apple sauce, vanilla and maple syrup. Mash and mix together.
4. Add the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and cinnamon. Mix together.
5. Fold in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes. Test by inserting a knife or toothpick in the middle of the bread and allow the bread to bake further until the knife or toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, remove and continue cooling while you brew coffee/tea. Enjoy!
Also by Colette: Vegan Lemon Lavender Sugar Cookies With Lemon Glaze
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen