This dish is perfect for Summer as it’s light, nourishing, simple, and fast.
Chard is a leafy green powerhouse and is oft underused. This mighty vegetable is packed with iron, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and contains plenty of vitamin A and C.
Chard is a vegetable, much like spinach, that essentially becomes the size of a postage stamp when cooked. As it cooks down so intensely, you’re able to casually enjoy a GIANT portion of vegetables at once. This savory cooked chard is delicious on its own and also makes a wonderful side or topping.
Hey, who knows, perhaps Chard will be the next Kale…
Simple Lemony Summer Chard
- 1 Large Bunch or 2 Small Bunches Chard*
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos**
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- Generous Pinch Red Chilli Flakes
- Pinch Lemon Pepper
- Pinch Sea Salt
1. Rinse and clean the Chard leaves. Separate the leafy green parts from the stem.
2. Cut the stems into 1-inch pieces.
3. Heat the garlic olive oil and red chili flakes in pan*** over medium heat.
4. Add the stems and cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
5. Add the leafy green chard bits then the lemon juice and Bragg liquid aminos. Stir until the green chard bits soften and darken.
6. Remove from pan and top with lemon pepper and sea salt.
*Can use Swiss Chard (white stems) or Rainbow Chard (colorful stems).
**Can sub soy sauce for Bragg Liquid Aminos if preferred
***Preferably use a cast-iron pan
Delicious alone or atop toast/ pasta!
Also by Bella: 30-Second Vegan Mug Cake
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bella Gadsby