For these vegan tacos, I use walnuts, organic corn tortillas, black beans, cashew cheese, avocados, onions, black olives, and tomatoes. This recipe requires that you prepare a bit the day before you want these tacos by soaking your raw walnuts overnight, but it's definitely worth it. Amazingly, walnuts provide a tasty substitute for ground beef. Who would've thought? Plus, with all of their heart-loving fats, walnuts are by far a healthier option.
I hope you enjoy this perfect summertime meal. Take these Vegan Tacos with Walnut "Meat" to the next level by enjoying them on your patio with friends, family, and an ice-cold beverage.
Vegan Mexican Recipes: Tacos With Walnut “Meat”
- 2 cups walnuts (soaked overnight and drained)
- 12 organic/non-GMO corn rortillas
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 large tomato
- 1 can black olives
- 1 cup cashew cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice)
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
2. Add walnuts to blender. Pulse lightly to get the consistency of meat. Then place walnuts in pan with chili, onion, and garlic powder.
3. Cook walnut meat on medium for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat your corn tortillas in the oven on WARM.
5. Cut up your avocado, onion, black olives, and place each ingredient in separate bowls.
6. Warm your cashew cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice).
7. Take tortillas out of the oven and get ready to eat!
Nothing left to do but get your plate and make your taco the way you want! Yum!
Also by Ange: Top 5 Vegan Summer Recipes for Picky Eaters
Related: Cheesy Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadilla
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Ange Alex