I used gochujang in the pizza sauce to add a little spice, but you could leave this out if you prefer. If you want to make a gluten-free version of this, feel free to find an appropriate pizza dough recipe and swap it out. This freezes well once it’s cooled and makes for quick and easy leftovers.
Vegan Kimchi Pizza
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp quick rise yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp scallions, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Prepare the pizza dough while you wait for the oven to heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast and whisk together.
3. Stir in the water and olive oil.
4. Lightly flour a surface and transfer the dough. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
5. Let the dough rest on the counter for about ten minutes.
6. Roll out the ball of dough into a 12” circle and place it on the pizza pan. Roll in the edges and pinch them to create a crust. Set aside.
7. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, gochujang, honey, sesame oil, and rice vinegar.
8. Spread the sauce over the pizza dough.
9. Top the pizza with the vegan cheese, kimchi, and red onions.
10. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
11. Remove from oven and top with scallions and cilantro and serve.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Banh Mi Bowl With Kimchi
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote