Vegan Pizza Recipes: Butternut Squash & Fig Naan Pizza
- 1 piece naan bread
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- a few slices purple onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, spiralized
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- handful kale
- to taste fresh sage leaves
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, to serve
2. In a small bowl, mix together the fig jam and balsamic vinegar until smooth and then spread a thin layer on your naan bread.
3. Heat the coconut oil and cinnamon in a small pot and add the apple slices. Simmer for about five minutes, until the apples start to soften. Remove from heat and add to pizza.
4. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the onions to a pot and simmer for a couple minutes until they are caramelized. Remove from heat and add to pizza.
5. Toss the squash ribbons in the other 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and the brown sugar. Add them like this, uncooked to the top of the pizza.
6. Add the kale, sage, and black pepper.
7. Bake for about twenty minutes or until the crust in the naan bread turns a dark golden brown color.
8. Remove from oven and top with pomegranate seeds to serve.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Squash and Pumpkin Pie Puff Pastries
Related: Vegan Pizzadilla (Video)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote