Vegan Cranberry Cacao Brownies
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oats, ground into a coarse flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 small squares dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375* F.
2. Add the cranberries, water, sugar and cinnamon sticks into a small saucepan
3. Simmer over med high heat until cranberries have broken open and reduced to a thick sauce (makes about 1 cup once reduced down)
4. Place the dates, 1 cup walnuts, cacao and cranberry sauce into the food processor. Blend until a thick batter forms
5. Fold in the oat flour, chopped walnuts and dark chocolate pieces. Mix well
6. Pour batter into a baking dish coated with a little bit of coconut oil
7. Bake at 25 – 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean
8. Cut into squares or use your favorite cookie cutter. Enjoy!
Also by Kathryn: Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Tomatoes
Also see: Chocolate Muffins with Avocado Frosting
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Kathryn Farrugia