The final days of summer are among us. With Labor Day gone, it’s crunch time to get in as much as you can before fall sets in. That means firing up the grill one last time to make this easy and flavorful vegan grilled pizza.
The crispiest charred dough and the juiciest tomatoes–this pizza is no joke. As long as you feel confident in grilling skills, get out there and get to work! For this recipe, you will need some grilling equipment. Of course, a gas or charcoal grill, as well as a brush, tongs, and a spatula.
End of Summer Vegan Grilled Pizza
- 1 lb package dough
- sprinkle of flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 package vegan cheese, your choice (I love the Follow Your Heart brand of Mozzerella)
- handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. First, roll out your dough using a a bit of white flour to avoid sticking. Roll out as thin as you can without creating any holes.
2. Slice your tomatoes, olives, and cheese (if you are using a block of vegan mozz). Have your basil, salt, and pepper ready to go, too.
3. In a small bowl, add your olive oil.
4. Head outside with all your prepped ingredients above. Fire up the grill to at least 550°F. Next to the grill, set up your toppings station. Have your tools ready–brush, tongs, and spatula. You’ll have to work quickly!
5. Brush one side of the dough with your olive oil. Once done, add that side face down on the grill (to avoid sticking). Allow dough to cook for about 3-4 minutes. It should have grill marks but avoid burning it.
6. Using your tongs and/or spatula, flip the dough over. Quickly add your toppings – tomato, vegan cheese, olives, basil, salt, and pepper. Be careful to not add too many or else it may become too heavy.
7. Cover with lid and allow pizza to cook for about another 4-5 minutes (or until crispy).
8. Once done, use your tongs and spatula to transfer back to a plate and allow to cool before cutting up and digging in.
Also by Bianca: White Bean & Tahini Salad Collard Wraps
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Bianca Cimini