Vegan Pizza Recipes: Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Pesto Pizza
- 2 3/4 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- pesto hummus (homemade or store bought)
- handful arugula
- roasted veggies (anything goes, I chose bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion)
2. Steam cubed butternut squash for about 8 minutes or until fork tender.
3. While the squash is steaming, prep a large bowl with white chia seeds and water and mix to combine. Set aside.
4. When squash is done, drain and add cubes to the chia seeds bowl and lightly smash to combine.
5. Add raw tahini and lemon juice and stir to combine.
6. Add oat flour, almond meal, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, Himalayan sea salt, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Mix to combine. The dough should be thick but spreadable.
7. Spread into a circle on the parchment paper using a rubber spatula, with crust about 1/2" thick.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and set.
9. Remove from the oven and spread with kale, pesto hummus (use oil-free hummus or make your own if you are oil-free), arugula, and roasted veggies. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Also by Lauren: Nourishing Detox Soup
Related: Butternut Squash and Fig Naan Pizza
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier