Grilled Vegan French Toast
- 8 thick slices day-old bread
- 1 tablespoon coconut or sunflower oil
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: fruit of choice, maple syrup, vegan butter
1. In a large and shallow bowl, whisk together milk, flour, nutritional yeast, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt until combined (a few remaining clumps of flour are okay).
2. Heat coconut oil in a large grill pan over low-medium heat. Take a slice of bread and dunk it in the wet mixture for 20 seconds on each side. Place bread on grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, until grill marks appear. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for remaining bread slices.
3. Serve warm, topped with fruit, maple syrup, vegan butter, or whatever sounds good!
Also by Molly: Vegan Chocolate Date Bread
Related: Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne