Vegan Brunch Recipes: Savory Stuffed French Toast
- 4 slices stale, whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinated mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 4 slices marinated tofu
- 2 slices vegan mozzarella-style cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive tapenade
- handful(s) collard greens
2. Whisk together milk, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, and pepper in bowl.
3. Dredge bread in batter until each slice is fully coated and most (if not all) batter is used.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in pan on medium-high heat.
5. Add collards and cook until wilted.
6. Fry 2 slices of bread at a time for about 1 minute on each side (until browned), adding remaining oil as needed.
7. Set 2 slices of bread aside, top each with equal amounts of mushrooms, tomato, tofu, and cheese.
8. Spread tapenade on remaining bread and top each sandwich.
9. Toast or fry stovetop until cheese is melty, then slice and serve.
Also by Quincy: Super Easy DIY Vegan Cheese
Related: Fennel and White Bean Hash
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas