It’s that time of year again to make sweets and treats to confess your love! Growing up, one of my favorite candies were Mounds bars. I loved the creamy coconut filling encased in a layer of crunchy chocolate. I recreated the classic this Valentine’s Day to be vegan, oil-free, totally raw, and no-bake!
They only require a handful of ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Add an optional superfood upgrade or keep them classic. Share them with your loved ones or keep them all for yourself— I totally won’t judge!
No-Bake Vegan Coconut Maca Mounds
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablspoons coconut butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
1. Place shredded coconut and coconut butter/oil in a blender and blend until you get a thick coconut consistency, scraping down the sides to reincorporate as needed. This will take several minutes. Add the maple syrup and optional maca powder and pulse again to combine. Add more coconut butter or oil if the mixture is too dry.
2. Form coconut mixture into ~2 TBS balls and place on a parchment-covered cookie sheet and place in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour.
3. Melt your chocolate on the stovetop over low heat until smooth. Remove the coconut mounds from the fridge, dip in the chocolate until well coated and set back on the parchment paper to set. Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes, then enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge/freezer for several weeks.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Banana Walnut Protein Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier