Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
- 3.5 fluid ounces Chocolate
- 2 fluid ounces Coconut milk
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Soft brown sugar
- 4.5 fluid ounces Melted Butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Flaxseed
- 14 tablespoons Plant milk
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Water
To make the ganache:
1. Start by melting the coconut milk over a bain-marie, once it’s almost boiling take it off of the heat. Pour in the chocolate and mix it all together until it’s completely melted.
2. Pour the chocolate mix into ice cube moulds and put them in the fridge overnight until the chocolate has hardened.
To make the lava cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 345℉.
2. Measure out the plant milk and add in the apple cider vinegar.
3. Add the flax seeds to the water. After 10 minutes the mixture should be thick.
4. Sift all of the dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
5. Gently melt the butter.
6. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add in the curdled milk and fold together. Repeat with the flax egg and melted butter.
7. Prepare five ramekins by brushing them with oil and dusting some cocoa powder over the top. Then, pour the mixture into the ramekins so that they’re half full. Place a cube of ganache into the ramekin and pour in the other half of the mixture.
8. Bake in the oven for around 18 minutes and then serve straight away with some ice cream.
Also by Hannah: Baked Sriracha Cauliflower Wings
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts