I only needed a half bar of chocolate as a dessert and life was beautiful again.
Tuscan-Inspired Drunken Potato Soup (Vegan And Gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 bunches fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1–2 tbsp sage (or 5–7 fresh leaves)
- 20 dkg potato, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 can white beans
- 1 L veggie broth
- 10 dkg baby spinach
- 1 dl sauvignon blanc
- salt, pepper
- 4 pieces dried GF bread, cubed
- 1 tbsp dried herb mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large pot, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the carrots, potato, garlic and sage and rosemary as well, cook for 2–3 minutes.
2. Stir in the sauvignon blanc and cook until most of the wine disappears.
3. Then add the veggie broth and cook until carrots and potatoes start to soften.
4. Add the white beans and zucchini slices to the soup, cook 5 more minutes to heat them through.
5. Before you turn off the heat, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the baby spinach leaves as well.
7. In a large pan, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, stir in the dried herbs (you can use the same as for the soup or Italian seasoning—with parsley, oregano, thyme, etc.) and garlic powder.
8. Add the cubed bread and start to fry the croutons until they are golden on each side. Keep checking on them as they might burn easily.
9. Once done, serve the soup hot, topped with the herbed croutons.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth