These would be fun to make with a group of friends, or to bring and share at a get together. The recipe can easily be doubled if you want to make enough cookies to share and still have some left for yourself to enjoy. I recommended rolling the dough balls really well in the confectioners sugar until they are thoroughly coated, for the best crinkle effect. A few drops of peppermint oil would also go really well in these cookies.
Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 tbsp Bobs Red Mill egg replacement
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. I put 6 cookies on each sheet.
2. In a small bowl, prepare your egg replacement by whisking with the water and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and oil and mix until smooth. Add in the egg replacement, vanilla extract, and almond milk and mix well.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined and a dough ball forms.
6. Make dough balls about 1 inch in size and roll between your hands. Drop into a bowl of confectioners sugar to coat thoroughly. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until dough is gone.
7. Place cookies in oven to bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote