Vegan Chili Sin Carne
- 400–500 grams meat alternative
- 2–3 Tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1–2 teaspoon tomato paste
- to taste salt, pepper, chili
1. Chop the onion and the garlic into tiny pieces
2. Add the meat alternative of your choice, the kidney beans, corn kernels, onion, garlic and vegetable broth to a large pan.
3. Add the tomato paste.
4. Bring to high heat and cook for 5minutes. Make sure you keep stirring so nothing burns.
5. Let simmer on low to medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Season to your liking. I usually just add salt, pepper and a bit of chili powder o chili flakes.
7. Serve with rice or quinoa or just dip some yummy nachos in it.
You can also play with this recipe and add some carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes or anything else you would like to feast on.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Willems