So I ordered a delivery from the only grocery store that delivers to this far-from-everything hotel that is just right next to the airport—seemed like mission impossible but not nothing is impossible, and so I started to cook.
Of course I ordered in a lot of gluten-free pasta for myself with my groceries (I could eat pasta every day) . And I will admit, I used store-brought Moroccan Hummus for this recipe as I had no equipment to make fresh, homemade hummus here, but I've made this version at home many times before so I wrote down my recipe for you if you want to make your own hummus (which is way much healthier, of course). But if you don't have the chance, go with store-brought hummus, even if you can only get plain one, you can adjust the seasoning to turn it into a Moroccan heaven. Perfect to prepare in big portion if you meal prep, you can keep in the fridge up to 3 days.
GF Vegan Moroccan Hummus Penne
- 2 cups Cooked chickpea
- 1 tbsp Rice syrup
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika powder
- To taste Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 3 handful GF penne
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened rice milk
- 1/2 tsp each Parsley +basil
- Olives, sliced
- Vegan cheese
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Red pepper flakes
1. Prepare your pasta as per packaging directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, in a blender blend together chickpeas, rice syrup, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric, cumin, season with salt and pepper.
3. Once smooth stir in raisins and chopped coriander.
4. Once pasta is done, mix it with the hummus, olives and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil and parsley, vegan cheese and /or nutritional yeast. Season with red pepper flakes adjust salt and pepper.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth