I’ve been dreaming about developing a chicken patty for a while now. Finally in the midst of creating recipes for you lovely PD readers, I managed to make so many leftover ingredients that I thought why not try to make patties from them? The beauty of leftovers is that you can become creative with them and create anything, even a totally different meal.
Vegan Chicken Patty
- 200 g moist tofu
- 3-4 pieces mushrooms
- half of a medium sized one inside of an eggplant
- 1/4 tbs garlic powder
- 1/4 tbs onion powder
- 2 tbs rice semolina
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper to taste
- basil, thyme to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degree.
2. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients in a food processor. Make sure you only add 1 tbs of the lemon juice and olive to the mix at first, and if it seems too dry you can add more of them, as needed. Blend it until you get a thick cream that still spreads well.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and take out 1 tbs of the cream, shape it with your hands and place it on the paper. It’s truly up to you what kind of shape, size you make. I like mine thin, so they become a little crunchy but if you plan to make burgers than make them bigger and thicker.
4. Bake the patties for 20 minutes on one side, then flip them and bake for another 20 minutes. Just keep checking on them if you made them thin, because they can burn easily.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth