- 4 slices Bread
- 1 cup Shredded Carrot
- 3/4 cup Chopped or diced pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Flax Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2. In a large bowl, tear up the pieces of bread, toss in the shredded carrots, pineapple, coconut, walnuts and brown sugar. Mix with a rubber spatula and pour into the casserole dish.
3. In another bowl, add 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed and 4 tablespoons of water and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
4. Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
5. Slowly pour the coconut milk mixture all over the bread and dry ingredients in the casserole dish.
6. Cover, place in the fridge and allow to soak together overnight.
7. When ready to bake, bake covered in foil at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and then continue baking uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
8. Happy Spring!
Also by Colette: Vegan Irish Soda Bread with Raisins
Related: Mini Matcha Bundt Cakes
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Colette Goguen