Vegan Breakfast Recipes: Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- sliced banana
- maple syrup
- or topping of choice
1. In a large bowl, add the flour, protein powder, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt and whisk until combined.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar until the mixture becomes frothy. Then whisk in coconut oil and peanut butter.
3. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until a batter forms.
4. Heat a thin coating of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, add 1/3 cup of pancake batter to skillet. When bubbles begin to form on the top of the pancake, use a spatula to flip it over and heat the other side until cooked through, about 1 minute.
5. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
6. Serve topped with sliced banana, maple syrup, or other toppings of choice.
Also by Molly: Vegan Fennel and White Bean Hash
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne