Vegan Kamut Artichoke Risotto
- I cup Kamut
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 tbs. Vegan butter
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs. Basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes
- To taste Black pepper
Optional: Soak kamut overnight and drain before cooking.
1. Bring vegetable broth to a boil in large pan.
2. Add kamut and reduce to a simmer.
3. Cover pan and let kamut cook for about 1 hour (you can reduce this time by half if you soaked the kamut beforehand).
4. Meanwhile, chop artichoke hearts into segments and tomatoes into halves, then set aside.
5. Once kamut has cooked, stir in butter until melted.
6. Add nutritional yeast, basil and pepper.
7. Mix thoroughly, then gently fold in artichokes and tomatoes.
8. Top with pepper and serve.
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Quincy Malesovas