Healthy Dinner: Three Mushroom Pesto Linguine
For the Pesto:
1. Start by toasting your pine nuts in a pan over medium heat, turning constantly to avoid burning.
2. Once toasted and cooled, blend well with all the other pesto ingredients until you achieve a smooth pesto.
For the Pasta and Veggies:
1. Prepare linguine according to package instructions.
2. Fry your mushrooms over medium heat in grapeseed oil for five minutes until they start to soften.
3. Add the greens to the pan with the mushrooms (with the exception of spinach here–that one can be added to pasta for last minute of boiling to wilt), and fry for a further five minutes until all soft. Add any desired seasoning.
4. Drain your pasta, then combine with veggies and a good dollop of the pesto.
5. Serve up and top with vegan parmesan if you like.
Related: Creamy Sundried Tomato Pasta Sauce
Vegan Pasta with Broccoli and Chickpeas
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Kat Kennedy