Slowly saying goodbye to the cold weather and welcoming in new, fresh flavours and combinations! This hearty vegan lentil bowl can be eaten warm or cold and features red beets, sweet potatoes, quinoa and brown lentils for the ultimate comfort food blend, and is drizzled with a super refreshing cucumber-tahini dressing…what are you waiting for?
Vegan Beet Lentil Bowl With Cucumber Tahini Dressing
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Large Red Beets
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Brown lentils
- 3/4 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1/2 Large Cucumber
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 TBSP Tahini
1. Put the quinoa and lentils in a pot with 2 ½ cups water, bring to a boil, then lower heat again and simmer with a lid on until they’re done.
2. Wash the potatoes and red beets, peel the red beets, and then chop everything into small cubes.
3. Set the veggies in a pot with some water (just enough to cover the bottom!), cover with a lid, and cook until they’re soft.
4. In a blender, combine the cucumber, garlic and tahini and blend.
5. In each bowl, mix 1- 1 ½ cup of the quinoa-lentil mix, half of the vegetables, and half of the dressing. Enjoy!
Notes: You might have leftover lentils and quinoa – if you do, no big deal! It’s perfect served warm or cold, tossed on salads and just about anything else 🙂
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Botello