Ah, the classic. Loved because of its simplicity, versatility and all-around awesomeness, this take on the Buddha Bowl features a green, a grain and a bean for a well-balanced and fast meal that will no doubt become one of your weeknight favourites!
Tempeh Buddha Bowl
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- A few stalks Kale, stems removed
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes, washed
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- to taste Cumin
- 250g Tempeh
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp Herbs de Provence
- to taste Black pepper
- to taste salt
1. Mix paprika powder, Provencal Herbs and black pepper with the coconut milk, then cover the tempeh with your mixture and let it sit. If you’re short on time, just skip this step!
2. Cook quinoa according to instructions (usually a 1:3 ratio of quinoa:water).
3. Chop the onion and garlic and put them into a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, with a little water until they have browned slightly.
4. Cut the kale and sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add them as well as the broccoli florets to the saucepan, cooking over medium-high heat until the potatoes have softened.
5. In the last few minutes, cut the tempeh into small cubes and add to the saucepan.
6. Continue cooking until the tempeh has warmed up and the potatoes have fully softened.
7. Divide the quinoa and the tempeh-veggie mix into two bowls and dig in!
Note: This recipe is also perfect for meal prep, just double or triple the recipe!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Rebecca Botello