Made with two types of plant milk and plenty of spices, this vegan eggnog provides all of the sweet and cinnamon-y holiday flavors to spice up your evenings. Inspired by a few recipes (and plenty of trial and error) this is my go-to drink for December.
Tried-and-True Best Vegan Eggnog
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups plant milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- to taste raw cane sugar
1. Pour the coconut milk into a blender and be sure to scrape any solidified portions from the sides of the can. The hardened coconut cream is what helps make the drink thicker.
Note: It’s best to use a blender for this recipe to ensure everything is mixed evenly, but it is also possible to mix by hand if necessary.
2. Add plant milk. I like to use oat milk for this, but any kind will do. If you use sweetened or flavored milk, you may need to adjust the amount of sweetener in the following steps.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
4. Taste your drink to determine if you need to add any sugar. Some find that the maple syrup provides enough sweetness on its own, but I usually end up adding a few tablespoons of cane sugar before blending for the final time.
5. Pour into a jug and store in the fridge for up to ten days. You may need to shake before pouring into a glass, since the cinnamon and nutmeg tend to settle on the bottom. Don’t forget to sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top when serving!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Polina Tankilevich via Pexels