I added rosemary because it’s my favorite cold weather herb but you can feel free to add whatever herbs you have on hand. Thyme would make a great substitution or would even go well in addition to the rosemary. These can also be served along with a side salad or just simply cut in half and toasted with a little vegan butter.
Vegan Red Onion Rosemary Muffins
- 1 tbsp Bobs red mill egg replacement
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, crushed
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin and set aside.
2. Prepare your egg substitute by mixing with the water and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, rosemary, and salt. Whisk together.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, melted butter, garlic, and onion.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote