Sweet and Spicy Caramel Nut Candy
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Place the nuts on a baking sheet and roast for 7-10 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the water and sugar.
4. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and swirl the pan to combine. Stirring may create a grainy caramel.
5. Add the nuts, salt, and red pepper flakes to the caramel and stir to combine.
6. Spread the candy on a sheet of parchment paper in a flat layer.
7. Let cool completely. Once cooled, break the sheet into large pieces and store in an airtight container.
Also by Olivia: 6-Ingredient, Healthy Key Lime Pie
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Olivia Parr