Who loves Lemon Bars?
There is something so satisfying about the tart taste of lemon for dessert. I created these Raw Vegan Lemon Bars with a blend of raw nuts, fruit, and coconut cream. The mixture comes together in less than 15 minutes, and the hardest part of the recipe is waiting for the bars to firm up in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoy these raw vegan lemon bars as a snack, dessert, or healthy anytime treat. The combination of lemon and coconut is so refreshing for summer! They’re oil free, gluten free, and packed with simple wholesome ingredients I bet you already have in your pantry. Sweetened with dates and pure maple syrup, these vegan lemon bars are also refined sugar free. I like to store mine in the fridge for a chilled treat, but you can also enjoy them straight out of the freezer.
Raw Vegan Lemon Bars With Coconut & Pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 7 oz coconut cream, softened
- dash ground turmeric (for color)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Line an 8″x8″ pan with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Place dates and pecans and shredded coconut in a high-powered blender and process at low speed until the mixture starts to clump together.
3. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer while you prepare the filling.
5. Melt coconut cream in a tub of hot water in the sink.
6. Add to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, shredded coconut, and ground turmeric and stir until well combined.
7. Pour the filling over the refrigerated crust.
8. Refrigerate or freeze for about and hour or until firm.
9. Top with shredded coconut, if desired.
10. Refrigerate bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days and freeze for long term storage.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Chicken Salad Sandwich with Curry & Swiss Chard
Related: Vegan Lemon Lavender Energy Bites
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier