- 1 cup medjool dates, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 7 oz coconut cream, softened
- dash ground turmeric (for color)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup
2. Place dates and pecans and shredded coconut in a high-powered blender and process at low speed until the mixture starts to clump together.
3. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer while you prepare the filling.
5. Melt coconut cream in a tub of hot water in the sink.
6. Add to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, shredded coconut, and ground turmeric and stir until well combined.
7. Pour the filling over the refrigerated crust.
8. Refrigerate or freeze for about and hour or until firm.
9. Top with shredded coconut, if desired.
10. Refrigerate bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days and freeze for long term storage.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Chicken Salad Sandwich with Curry & Swiss Chard
Related: Vegan Lemon Lavender Energy Bites
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier