Just because we’re in the trenches of winter, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy some tasty spring-inspired desserts.
There’s something about January that makes me ache for spring. It’s still cold outside but the days have already started getting longer and the snow from last week’s storm has started to thaw.
It’s the perfect time of year to start making desserts that inspire you to look ahead to the new year and new beginnings. This oh-so-heavenly yet healthy vegan key lime pie is the best start.
6-Ingredient, Healthy Vegan Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/4 Cup Graham Crackers
- 1 1/2 Cup Key Lime-Flavored Vegan Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Two 15 oz. Cans Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 3-4 (1 1/2 Tbsp zest, 1/2 cup juice) Lime
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1. The night before making, place both cans of full-fat coconut milk into the refrigerator overnight.
2. Place the graham crackers into a food processor and process until a fine meal forms.
3. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
4. Press into a pie pan and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Add the coconut oil and pulse until the mixture comes together.
6. Remove one can of coconut milk from the refrigerator and separate the thick coconut cream from the coconut water.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine the key-lime yogurt, maple syrup, coconut cream, lime juice and lime zest.
8. Mix together thoroughly and pour into the graham cracker crust.
9. Place into the freezer and freeze for at least four hours.
10. Remove the second can of coconut milk and separate the thick cream from the coconut water.
11. Whip the coconut cream and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup together until it resembles whipped cream.
12. Take the key lime pie out of the freezer and top with the coconut whipped cream.
13. Serve immediately.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Olivia Parr