Working from home does not always mean I get to eat healthy, homemade meals all the time. Ever since I started my own business, time seems to be slipping out of my hands. This delicious, filling, and energizing dish can easily be done as a meal prep for the week. While my home smells amazing after cooking with these ingredients, I can go about my busy day satisfied and full of energy.
Sweet & Sour Black Quinoa Tofu
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup black quinoa
- 3-4 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced palm hearts
- 400 g tofu
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp spicy sauce of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Mix corn and black quinoa in a pot.
2. Add water.
3. Cook at medium heat for 30 minutes or until all the water has steamed. Do not drain.
4. Heat pan with coconut oil and add diced tofu.
5. Drizzle the spicy sauce and maple syrup over the tofu.
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Squeeze a quarter of lemon juice over tofu.
8. When quinoa is done, add salt and pepper (adjust to taste).
9. Cover plate with chopped arugula.
10. Serve quinoa on top of the arugula.
11. Cover the quinoa with grated carrots (to taste).
12. Squeeze a quarter of a lemon over quinoa, carrots, and arugula.
13. Add tofu on top.
14. Garnish dish with palm hearts.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Vanessa Uzcategui